Bike Walk Macon is hosting a fun opportunity to interact with our government leaders. We hope you’ll bring your friends, family, and neighbors and join us for a casual bike ride followed by an outdoor discussion dedicated to walking, biking, and access to transit!
Where do our elected officials stand on transportation issues you care about? What will our elected officials do to make streets safe for people walking, biking, and riding the bus? What investments are most pressing to realizing Macon’s potential for sustainable transportation modes? Get answers to these and more questions.
Expect a casual bike ride, lively discussion, and informative evening.
– 5:00 pm: Meet at Jefferson Long Park (Pursley St.).
– 5:30 pm: Casual, 3-mile beginner ride begins. We will bike as a group through the Pleasant Hill, InTown, and Downtown Macon neighborhoods.
– 6:15 pm: Ride will end back at Jefferson Long Park. Bike parking and water will be available.
– 6:30 pm: We will have a moderated discussion at Jefferson Long Park with all participating government leaders from 6:30 to 7:30 pm.
– All ages and skill levels are welcome to this FREE event.
– If you can’t participate in the ride, join us for the discussion at 6:30 pm.
– Bring your own chairs and/or blankets for seating.
– Masks are encouraged to be worn before and after the bike ride and any time people are gathered.
A special thank you to AARP Georgia, our 2021-2022 Macon Bike Party Presenting Sponsor!
Visit www.bikewalkmacon.com/bikeparty for more info!