- Last Updated: Friday, 23 August 2013 14:57
- Written by Admin
At the Georgia-lina Bike Summit, Alliance for Biking and Walking President Jeff Miller announced that Athens, GA will be the site for one of a handful of the Alliance's "Winning Campaigns Training" workshops in 2013.
The training will take place Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7, 2013.
About the Training:
The Alliance’s Winning Campaigns Training is a three-day boot camp for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organizations. This action-oriented workshop gives novice and veteran advocates the tools to create and manage powerful campaigns to increase biking and walking in their communities. Our proven curriculum is led by longtime advocates and national experts with firsthand experience conducting — and winning — bicycle and pedestrian campaigns. But Winning Campaigns Trainings are more than a class. They are a fun, interactive experience that foster collaboration among advocates. You’ll leave with specific next steps and strategies for your next Winning Campaign!
At Winning Campaigns Trainings, you’ll learn how to:
- Choose the right issue
- Set realistic but visionary goals
- Choose the best strategies, tactics and timelines
- Map out the power structure in the community; support and leverage allies; neutralize and convert enemies
- Communicate effectively, reaching the right audience with the right message through the right media
- Raise money for the campaign
- Strengthen your organization for the next, bigger victory!
With the help of Alliance staff and expert facilitators, you’ll leave the training with a detailed Campaign Blueprint that outlines your next steps. To ensure your campaign is successful, you’ll have access to Alliance staff for follow-up support and guidance. Past participants have won complete streets campaigns, Safe Routes to School campaigns, bike safety campaigns at the state and local level — and many more!
To register for the training, visit http://www.peoplepoweredmovement.org/site/index.php/site/EventRegistration-Overview/4262/