- Last Updated: Friday, 14 September 2018 20:11
- Written by Admin
In Partnership with
Come to Athens, GA over the weekend of October 12-14 2018 and join fellow bicycle advocates for events, speakers, rides and more.
Want to present at the Summit? We are looking for individuals and organizations to present on interesting and relevant topics on bicycling + advocacy in their communities. 45-50 minute sessions!
Fill out the form below, deadline is August 17th at 5pm EST:
Need financial assistance to help cover travel and registration costs? Fill out this form:
Friday October 12
- Implementing Complete Streets + Bicycle/Pedestrian Plans: How to Center Equity and Data-Driven Decision Making to Increase Safety, Access, and Bikeability
With Charles Brown, Senior Researcher at the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center (VTC) and Adjunct Professor at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers University; Rebecca Serna, Executive Director of the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition; and Byron Rushing, Bicycle and Pedestrian Planner at the Atlanta Regional Commission and Board President, Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals.
1:30-4PM at the Classic Center.
Session is free and open to all but registration is required. Registration opens 9/17/18. No registration needed if already registered for entire Summit.
- Welcome to Athens Joy Ride, a short, no-drop, fun group ride meeting at 6:00PM - Classic Center. Ride will end at BikeAthens headquarters for party
- Opening NIght Party at BikeAthens headquarters, 1075 West Broad (7PM) with food from Manila Express and music from DJ Background Props and others
Saturday October 13
- Full day of sessions at the Classic Center including sessions with
- LaMiiko Moore and Stephen Spring of Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
- Nedra Deadwyler of Civil Bikes
- Bruce Hagen of Bike Law Georgia
- Jared Draper of Toole Design Group
- Caila Brown of Georgia Bikes and Savannah Bicycle Campaign
- And many more (to be announced
- Evening event at Creature Comforts Brewing Company
Sunday October 14
- A full menu of road, gravel, mountain bike, and in-town/leisurely rides with SORBA-Athens, Winter Bike League, Nitty Gritty Bike Band, and others.
We have blocks of hotel rooms already reserved at a number of locations. See below for hotel options:
412 North Thomas (next door to Classic Center, connected)
$149 for King or 2 Queen
Use code G-BSU8
295 East Dougherty (1/3 mile from Classic Center)
$159 for King or 2 Queen room
170 North Milledge (1 mile from Classic Center)
$129 for King or 2 Queen room
Georgia Gameday Center
250 West Broad (1/2 mile from Classic Center)
Suite-style rooms with full kitchens, $200 for 2 bedroom
Call Front Desk (706-583-4500) and use code GBS18
220 South Hull (1/2 mile from Classic Center)
$159 for King or 2 Queen