Each listing on our calendar includes a link to the event’s website or Facebook event. Please check the details available via these links to get the latest information on cancellations, postponements, schedule updates, or other changes that may not be reflected on our calendar.
By using this calendar submission you attest that:
- You have full rights to use all images submitted as a part of your event.
- You have secured all appropriate permits and permissions to host your event.
- Georgia Bikes holds no liability or responsibility for the event, participants, spectators, or media used in promoting the event.
- This event has passed.
Place It! for Safe Routes to School: An Interactive Community Engagement Workshop
January 19, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
On Tuesday, Jan. 19 from 1 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern, Safe Routes Partnership is hosting a free training led by Place It! on how to creatively engage students, parents, staff, and teachers around Safe Routes to School.
This virtual workshop will help generate ideas and designs for improved routes to school that place an emphasis less on enforcement and more on visionary and inclusive design solutions.
Materials needed: Any small objects you like that are nearby or lying around the house that you can use for your models. Sky’s the limit: houseplants, pens, shoes, candles, jewelry, books.
Some core workshop components include:
• Hands-on exercises to both help you generate your own creative ideas for
Safe Routes to School and to serve as a training so that you yourself can take these methods back and use them with students, parents, staff, and teachers to creatively engage them improving neighborhoods for students walking and rolling.
• An exploration of the psychology behind using one’s hands and building solutions vs. simply talking about those solutions, and how these media influence outcomes.
• A look at how these workshop methods can help engage underrepresented communities and communities of color in Safe Routes to School.