Each listing on our calendar includes a link to the event’s website or Facebook event. Please check the details available via these links to get the latest information on cancellations, postponements, schedule updates, or other changes that may not be reflected on our calendar.
By using this calendar submission you attest that:
- You have full rights to use all images submitted as a part of your event.
- You have secured all appropriate permits and permissions to host your event.
- Georgia Bikes holds no liability or responsibility for the event, participants, spectators, or media used in promoting the event.
- This event has passed.
Open Streets Macon: Pleasant Hill
October 2 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDTFree
Bring your friends and family, and share in the experience of enjoying our city streets as public space!
The 1st route of 2022’s Open Streets Macon is Sunday, October 2nd from 2 pm to 5 pm! The streets of Macon will leap to life as Pleasant Hill (Pursley St. to 3rd Ave. to Ward St.) becomes a paved park. The street will be closed to motorized traffic (except for intersections where cars will be free to cross). There is no registration, and Open Streets Macon is FREE and open to the public.
Organized by Bike Walk Macon, Open Streets Macon is a car-free celebration of public space; bringing people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds together to walk, skate, bike, play, and re-imagine how we use our public streets.
— WHAT IS OPEN STREETS? —
Open Streets programs, also known as Ciclovias, are a movement to activate people, strengthen businesses, and inspire public spaces by temporarily closing streets to cars. This is a free, regularly occurring program that offers Macon the opportunity to experience city streets in a whole new way, taking an active role in this global movement.
Sunday, October 2nd from 2 pm to 5 pm
Pleasant Hill – Pursley St. to 3rd Ave. to Ward St.
— HOW DO I GET INVOLVED? —
1. Organize an activity on the day – we are seeking business and community partners to provide programmings such as yoga, dance, basketball, and kid- and senior-friendly activities along the route. Sign up at www.openstreetsmacon.com/activitypartners/.
2. Join the volunteer team – In order to make this a safe and enjoyable event for all, we need dozens of dedicated volunteers to help bring the streets of Macon to life.
We will also install a permanent traffic calming street project to improve biking and walking during the Open Streets event. We are relying on residents like you to help us build it during Open Streets!
Sign up to volunteer at www.openstreetsmacon.com/getinvolved.
Read more about the initiative and how to get involved at www.openstreetsmacon.com.