Each listing on our calendar includes a link to the event’s website or Facebook event. Please check the details available via these links to get the latest information on cancellations, postponements, schedule updates, or other changes that may not be reflected on our calendar.
By using this calendar submission you attest that:
- You have full rights to use all images submitted as a part of your event.
- You have secured all appropriate permits and permissions to host your event.
- Georgia Bikes holds no liability or responsibility for the event, participants, spectators, or media used in promoting the event.
- This event has passed.
Adapting Streets to COVID-19
April 30, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
Communities throughout the United States and the world are finding that there are too few places where people can walk, bike, and roll while maintaining safe distance from each other. As the public health need for physical space continues, communities are starting to adapt streets to provide the public spaces required for biking and walking safely.
In this webinar, the League of American Bicyclists is joined by advocates who have worked with their communities to adapt streets to provide more space for people biking and walking. We are excited to be joined by:
- Karen Yacos from Local Motion in Burlington, Vermont;
- Randy LoBasso from the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia; and
- Dave Campbell from the East Bay Bicycle Coalition in Oakland, California.
Join this webinar to hear their experiences and how they continue to work with their community leadership and residents to ensure safe, accessible, places for people biking and walking as their communities adapt to COVID-19.