Georgia Bikes’ mission is to improve bicycling conditions and promote bicycling throughout the state of Georgia.
What we do for people who ride bikes in Georgia:
- We won a three-foot safe passing bill in 2011 and an updated and improved bill in 2021
- We defeated a single-file riding bill in 2012 and 2014
- We won a statewide Complete Streets policy
- We have provided support to bicycle advocacy organizations around the state and have helped found new organizations
- We won dedicated funding for bicycling safety projects on state routes
- We organize an annual statewide summit
- We have trained hundreds of Georgia city and county officials on how to create safe, accessible streets for people of all ages and abilities
- We have trained hundreds of law enforcement officers on your rights as a road user
- We have distributed tens of thousands of our Bicyclist Pocket Guides
- And so much more!