- Created: Friday, 19 November 2010 15:48
- Last Updated: Friday, 23 August 2013 14:57
- Written by Admin
Are you a new bicycling advocacy organization in Georgia? Could you use $1,500?
Georgia Bikes is pleased to announce the availability of ten $1,500 "seed grants," which will assist new and emerging nonprofit bicycling advocacy organizations in Georgia. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1) Organization must be based in Georgia.
2) Organization must be a newly formed bicycle advocacy organization or advisory committee (formed in 2008 or later).
3) Organization must actively promote bicycle safety and road sharing in Georgia.
Submission deadline for the first round of grant awards was December 31st, 2010, 5:00 PM EST.
A Georgia Bikes Grant Review Committee will determine grant recipients. Award announcements for the first round of grants will be made by January 15, 2011. A second round of applications will be opened in the spring of 2011. If you have any questions, please email us.
Funding for these grants is being provided by the Governor's Office of Highway Safety, using money raised from the "Share the Road" specialty car tag. Support better cycling in Georgia and buy yours when you renew your tag!