- Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 May 2016 17:29
- Written by Elliott Caldwell
Attention Advocates in Sandy Springs/North Fulton County!
Speak up and speak out for bike/ped projects in Sandy Springs.
Sandy Springs has announced two public meetings this week covering proposed TSPLOST projects.
The meetings are scheduled for:
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Heritage Sandy Springs, 6110 Blue Stone Road
Thursday, May 12, 2016- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sandy Springs City Hall Council Chambers, 7840 Roswell Road Building 500
All cities must present their lists of potential projects for TSPLOST to Fulton County by the end of May. Fulton County will create a final list in July 2016. If authorized, the vote will take place in November.
Potential projects include:
- New Roswell Road/SR 9 Bicycle and Pedestrian Bridge over the Chattahoochee River (partnership with City of Roswell)
- Mt. Vernon Highway and Roberts Drive Multiuse Path – Phase 1
- SR 400 Trail System
- Perimeter Last Mile Connectivity
- Hammond Drive Phase 1 Efficiency Improvements
More information can be found on the Sandy Springs website:
For a letter to ARC on TSPLOST from Georgia Bikes, Atlanta Bicycle Coalition, PEDS, and others, go here.