- Last Updated: Monday, 09 November 2015 19:42
- Written by Brent
Georgia Bikes' mission is to improve bicycling conditions and promote bicycling throughout the state of Georgia.
What we do for GA's bicyclists:
- We won a three feet safe passing bill in 2011
- We defeated anti-cycling legislation in 2012 and 2014
- We won a statewide Complete Streets policy at GDOT
- We have coordinated successful annual statewide Bike Summits since 2010
- We have distributed $30,000 in Seed Grants to local advocates throughout the state
- We have produced and coordinated the broadcasting of radio and TV PSAs that encourage road sharing and safe cycling behaviors
- We have trained hundreds of law enforcement officers on your rights as a road user and have distributed thousands of law enforcement pocket guides
- We have trained dozens of GA cities on best practices for designing, funding, and maintaining high quality bike facilities like bike lanes, cycle tracks, and paved trails
- We regularly meet with senior GDOT officials and lawmakers to protect and secure dedicated funding for better bicycling infrastructure
- We work with state agencies to promote bicycling for transportation, tourism, and increased public health
- We created the "Share the Road" specialty car tag, which funds our programs as well as advocacy efforts throughout GA
We are a 501c3 nonprofit organization incorporated with the Georgia Secretary of State.