- Last Updated: Thursday, 10 December 2015 08:28
Seasons Greetings from Georgia Bikes!
2015 has been a BIG year, and we've got exciting plans to take bicycling in Georgia even further in 2016. We hope you'll support our efforts with a tax-deductible year-end contribution!
In 2015, we:
- Revised and distributed thousands of our popular Bicyclist Pocket Guides
- Conducted road safety design workshops in Brunswick, Decatur, Kingsland, and Rome
- Taught law enforcement courses throughout the state
- Mounted a campaign to secure dedicated funding for bicycling projects like rail-trails and protected bike lanes
Supported legislation that wou
ld have allowed people on bikes to cautiously proceed through non-responsive red lights
- Hosted an outstanding 6th annual Georgia Bike Summit in Milledgeville
- Worked with GDOT on advancing important state policies and specific projects like the Coastal Georgia Greenway
- and much more!
For 2016, we have very ambitious plans, and we're pleased to announce the hiring of two new full-time employees for Georgia Bikes to make these plans a reality! Please welcome Ms. Nedra Deadwyler, our Safety Education Programs Manager, and Mr. Elliott Caldwell, our Complete Streets Coordinator. We're thrilled to have these talented new team members who will greatly expand our efforts to make Georgia a safe, welcoming state for everyday cycling. Both of these positions are grant-funded, which is great, but grants can - and do - run out, and they can only be used for very specific activities.
There's so much more we could - and should - be doing, and that's where you can help!
To ensure that we can continue lobbying on behalf of Georgians who ride bikes, to guarantee that we can respond to anti-bike initiatives or campaigns, wherever they might pop up, and to wage the kind of statewide media campaign this state sorely needs to educate drivers about the 3' passing law, we need your support.
Please make a tax-deductible donation by , and help us keep Georgia rolling to a bike friendly future. Thanks for your support!
All Best & Safe Riding,
Brent A. Buice